Palmerbet In Detail
In what has to be what many would consider a refreshing break from the recent trend of foreign betting agencies using their financial weight to gain a foothold in Oz by buying a native betting agency in order to circumvent the necessity of applying for regulatory approval.
These bookies also benefit from an established clientele - but the local Palmer family, long time fixtures on the Sydney and interstate betting rails, launched in August of 2013 their contribution to online wagering in the form of Palmerbet.com.au. Bonus $500.00 Bet Join Here
Licensed by the New South Wales Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing, Palmerbet.com.au has its operation housed in offices that are located at Canterbury racecourse, just a bit west of the Sydney Central Business District.
This would seem to be a logical business move, given that online wagering would seem to be the wave of the future, a wave that has already come ashore with a vengeance and shows no sign of abating or being threatened by any new innovation on the near or distant horizon.
Palmerbet.com.au will be celebrating its one-year anniversary in August, so it may be premature to declare it equal in influence to some of the older online bookmakers, but many Aussie punters might be gladdened by having management right down the street, rather than in some anonymous northern hemisphere location. Since the very heart of online wagering is competition of all sorts, punters will certainly appreciate and benefit from another player in the mix.
Key Features of Palmerbet
- All online bookmakers offer sign-up bonuses for new members, in fact, in order to be given serious consideration at all, online bookmakers are involved in what could be characterised as an arms race to see who can best outdo the other in this regard. The devils, as they say, is in the details, and what often appears as a high dollar incentive for new members often has so many terms and conditions attached that it can almost seem meaningless or frustrating to anyone trying to make a cogent decision.
- Palmberbet.com.au’s new member bonus is fairly straightforward, though, even to the extent of not restricting the $500 bonus bet join-up bonus to a limited selection of markets, as some online bookmakers do. Restrictions are only that the bonus bet must be used on a fixed odds market that carries odds of 1.40 or higher and is only available to Australian residents.
- New customer bonuses are not the only promotional arrow in Palmerbet.com.au’s quiver, either. Racing punters will want to participate in “BOB,” Best of Best, which offers dividends that are equivalent to all three totes and the Top Fluctuation of all on course bookies. This promotion is for specifically designated Metropolitan meetings. The maximum amount per runner that this promotion permits is $250 per runner.
- Punters who convince any of their mates to enlist with Palmerbet.com.au are eligible for a bonus $50 bet for themselves and their friend when a deposit of at least $50 is made by the new member. Sports punters looking to get the edge will enjoy Even Money Lines, where all wagers on the NRL and AFL up to $200 will receive even money lines.
- Another promotion that racing punters will appreciate is the Money Back for Win bets where your fixed odds runners in a race with at least eight competitors will return your wager to your account should your pick place, rather than win. The website is currently promoting this as applicable to Sydney Group 1 races during the Autumn season, and there is a upward limitation of $100, but it would seem likely that Palmerbet.com.au would modify this promotion for different times of the year.
- Owners can participate in the Owners Bonus promotion and receive Best of the Best Odds at any racetrack in Australia. What is even better about this Palmerbet.com.au promotion is that it is applicable to Win and Each Way bets. Other current promotions include $1.92 lines on the NBA playoffs, Best Tote, Multi Boosts, 1st Goal Scorer and special weekly offers that are only divulged to Palmerbet.com.au members.
- Palmerbet.com.au Markets are not as numerous as might be found on some other bookmakers’ websites, but there are more than enough to satisfy all but the most exacting punter. Racing is covered very adequately, offering racing futures and all three racing codes, plus a jockey challenge as well. The sports offerings are equally well represented, with footy, cricket and soccer extensively covered. Soccer fans will find the ability to wager both on games and futures. Some of the less mainstream sports are also available. Betrally Review
- Odds are very competitive, as is to be expected, practically mandatory at any rate. Margin information is somewhat scanty as this early stage of the game. Accounts may be funded with Visa and MasterCard, bank transfer, BPAY and POLi. The Australian dollar is the only accepted currency and bank transfer is the only withdrawal method at present. Minimum wagers are $1 online and $10 over the phone, which is the only way to take advantage of Palmerbet’s in-play offerings, due to restrictions imposed by Australian government regulations.
- Palmerbet does not have any dormant account fees or transaction fees on deposits and withdrawals. Turnover requirements are fairly typical, 1x on deposits and 2x on bonus bet credits. Palmerbet.com.au Betting Interface is easy on the eyes, without glaring colors or too much of the distracting animation that seems to plague many websites of all kinds. It is the familiar three column layout use by many online bookmakers that is easy to navigate and quite intuitive, even for new users. There is also a mobile version for the smart phone set.
It is nice to have a local management option for an online bookmaker. The Palmer family is well regarded for trustworthiness and could be said to have a better than average grasp on the pulse of the typical Australian punter.
At this early juncture, it would appear as though they have made a smooth transition into online wagering and in most probability they should have no trouble being competitive and very adequate for the vast majority of punters. Bonus $500 Bet Join Here